- Alternating Pressure Mattresses | CSA Medical Supply
Alternating Pressure Mattresses
ALTERNATING PRESSURE MATTRESSES
Being laid-up in bed for any length of time is very hard on the body. Pressure points of the body are in constant contact with the mattress when you are in bed for long periods of time or are completely bedridden. Long term and acute care settings requiring prolonged bedrest can decrease oxygen flow and circulation due to lack of movement. This can lead to tissue breakdown for you or your loved one, which ultimately leads to bedsores or pressure ulcers. Ulcers can lead to bigger medical issues such as infection. At CSA Medical Supply we have a wide selection of alternating pressure mattresses that help relieve the pressure points and offer better blood flow by redistributing the pressure from one point to the next.
CHOOSING AN ALTERNATING PRESSURE MATTRESS:
When you or a loved one have to spend countless hours in bed or have become completely bedridden, bedsores or ulcers are a major risk. Choosing the best mattress for optimum comfort and full body support are important but before you purchase an alternating pressure mattress for you or your loved one, you’ll want to make sure it is the perfect one for your needs by determining exactly what needs the mattress will need to fulfill. How long will you be needing the mattress – short term or long term? Knowing ahead may play a role in the features you’ll look for.
Drive Medical is one of the most recognized names in medical equipment, including alternating pressure mattresses. At CSA Medical Supply you can find the perfect mattress that will give you a more comfortable, restful sleep while relieving painful pressure points for better bedsore prevention. Look for alternating pressure mattresses by Drive Medical at CSA Medical Supply.
Other well-known medical supply companies that manufacture alternating pressure mattresses include: Nova, Roscoe, Carex among others.
ALTERNATING PRESSURE MATTRESS BUYING GUIDE:
Before you start reviewing the many different features of the alternating pressure mattresses at CSA Medical Supply you will want to know a few things to help you make the best decision. Here are a few things you may want to answer before you begin comparing:
- Do you need a regular sized mattress or one that will support a bariatric patient?
- Is the patient completely bedridden and spending all of their time in bed?
- Will you need it to have adjustable settings for many different comfort option levels, or are a few suitable?
- Is the patient at risk of cardiac issues where the ability for the mattress to deflate quickly for administering CPR must be an option?
- Do you need the mattress to rotate automatically for ease and convenience?
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF AN ALTERNATING PRESSURE MATTRESS:
Alternating pressure mattresses are all very similar yet they also have a variety of features to choose from so that you can choose the perfect mattress for you or your loved one’s needs to make lying in bed and sleeping as comfortable and pain-free as possible. In order to find the best way to prevent the risk of pressure ulcers or bedsores while convalescing in bed, read over the following features to help you choose the best alternating pressure mattress from CSA Medical Supply
- Quiet pump for adjusting air volume
- Alternating pressure mattresses available for bariatric patients
- 10in deep air cells that prevents “bottoming out,” or the patient sinking to the bottom of mattress
- Diagnostic alarms to let you know if there’s a problem with the mattress
- Emergency CPR deflation valve to deflate the mattress quickly for administering CPR
- Custom settings so patient can adjust comfort levels to their preference
- Auto rotation so pressure automatically redistributes itself to prevent pressure build-up in pressure point areas
- Low-sheer, fluid resistant, vapor permeable and quilted mattress covers
ARE ALTERNATING PRESSURE MATTRESSES COVERED BY INSURANCE?
Alternating Pressure Mattress are covered by insurance under DME. If you have a medical condition requiring an alternating pressure mattress, your insurance will cover it for either rental or purchase, though some insurances may have certain restrictions in regards to medical equipment. At CSA Medical Supply, we are happy to file your insurance claim for you and we do accept Florida Medicaid, Medicare, and private insurance.