- Buy a Bath Lift
Taking a bath is supposed to be a joyful, relaxing, experience. The last thing you should have to worry about is your safety as you're getting into and out of your bathtub. Fortunately, with a bath lift, you won't have to worry about that at all. At CSA Medical Supply we carry a complete line of bathroom lifts to help make your bathroom a safer place.
So, What is A Bathroom Lift?
A bath lift is a device designed for the purpose of making taking a bath much easier and independently for some. It was invented with the elderly and the disabled in mind. Most bath lifts are basically chairs secured to the bath tub floor.
Features of A Bath Lift
- These chairs actually raise and lower the bathtub distance to make your entry into and exit out of the bath tub much easier. Other models use a flat bench-like chair that makes it easier to glide on and off the chair.
- Most bench models also have the reclining feature and are not completely flat but are slightly inclined on either side.
- These units generally require very little installation thanks to the fact that you don't need to drill into the bath tub as these units attach securely to the bath tub floor with the help of suction glasses.
- There are numerous quality bath lifts that use rechargeable batteries to gently lower and lift the settled person into the bathtub
- The modern battery-operated bath lift is very safe and effective. You can also buy extra batteries if you are in an area with an unreliable power supply or one with multiple power interuptions just to be on the safe side.
- Most bath lifts are battery-powered except for one ingenious bath lift on the market that uses water power to do its lifting, that is capable of lifting is 200 pounds and has a 21 inch maximum seat height. Included hardware makes it possible for the units to easily mount onto the shower or tub pipe. To elevate the seat just press 'up' and 'down' when you are ready to step into your bath tub or out of it on the remote control respectively. The rate of descent can be set as well so you can find the perfect lowering speed.
The Benefits of Using a Bath Lift
By making getting into and out of the tub easy, a bath lift removes the risk of slipping or falling in the process of getting into or out of the bathtub, restoring the joy and relaxation that taking a bath brings.
Most bath lifts are built with comfort in mind. Depending on the lift, many provide both reclining and swivel ability. The descent speed is usually easily controllable with the help of a user-friendly remote control.
You really should consider getting a bath lift if your bath time no longer provides relaxing comfort for one reason or another. Bath lifts can make it possible to comfortably take a shower again and to easily get into and out of the bath tub on your own.