- Free Shipping
- Product Specialist
- Lifetime Phone Support
- Financing Options
MEDIHONEY GEL with LEPTOSPERMUM HONEY dressing provides a moist environment conducive to wound healing and is indicated for non-draining to moderately exuding wounds such as: Diabetic foot ulcers, Leg ulcers (venous stasis ulcers, arterial ulcers and leg ulcers of mixed etiology), Pressure ulcers / sores (partial and full thickness), 1st and 2nd degree partial thickness burns, donor sites, and traumatic and surgical wounds.
Medihoney wound gel has Leptospermum honey that increases the healing rate of wounds because it has a low pH value. This low pH value reduces the pH value of the wound. Medihoney gel ointment also has a high osmotic potential that pulls fluid from deeper cells and tissues to the wound bed. This promotes healing through the autolytic debridement process. During this process, tissues and cells are broken down in an attempt to moisturize the wound, so the dead tissue is liquefied and removed.
How To Apply MediHoney Gel
- 0% Active Leptospermum Honey with 20% Natural gelling agents.
- More viscous formulation with increased stability at the wound site.
- Optimal for superficial to full thickness wounds.
- Cleanses and debrides due to its high osmolarity.
- Helps to lower the wound pH, for an optimal wound healing environment.
- Not Made With Natural Rubber Latex.
- Packaged: 12 Tubes Per Case
Indications of Use
- Diabetic foot ulcers, leg ulcers (venous stasis ulcers, arterial ulcers and leg ulcers of mixed etiology)
- Pressure ulcers/sores (partial and full thickness)
- 1st and 2nd degree partial thickness burns
- Donor sites and traumatic and surgical wounds