- Tens Units
Millions of people suffer with pain, both temporary and chronic. Injuries from slips and falls, car accidents and even certain medical conditions can cause pain and discomfort in muscles and nerves. There are limited choices on how to manage pain and especially when pain medications can cause many unwanted side effects. TENS units, or a Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Simulators, can help reduce pain without the unwanted side effects, organ damage and dependency that pain medications can cause. TENS units are easy to use and can be used in the privacy of your own home, while certain makes of TENS units are made to be conveniently used on-the-go, like at work.
Functions of a TENS unit
- TENS units use electrodes to transmit a light electric current to the skin and tissues beneath.
- Are safe and do not produce side effects
- Small and easy to use. Allows for treatments at the home, and on the go.
- TENS units are adjustable to increase or decrease the amount of stimulation you deliver
- Used for both acute and chronic pain
CHOOSING THE CORRECT TENS UNIT
There are many different TENS units available to choose from. In order to be sure you get the best one for either you or your loved one, be sure to keep the following in mind as you review the different types of units and their features:
- The system. First, be sure you get the right system for your needs. You'll also want to research each system and the individual styles. Each system will have a different look and feel, including the control buttons. Be sure the touch pad or buttons are big enough and easy enough for you or your loved one to read and operate and not easily mistaken so that the wrong adjustments are made.
- The LED display. The LED display screen should be large enough and clear enough to read so that you know what settings you are using.
- Easy to handle. The unit should be easy for you to handle so that you aren’t fumbling around while trying to attach the electrodes or handle the unit. You or your loved one should feel comfortable with all aspects of handling and using the device.
- Accessories. Be sure you have all the proper accessories such as an AC adapter, as well as you will need the required battery size in case you are unable to use the AC adapter at any given time.
THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF TENS UNITS
Digital TENS unit
The digital TENS unit is a digital device that comes with pre-set pain controlling programs that are organized according to body parts to let you be in more control of your pain treatments.
Wireless TENS Unit
If you don’t want the bulkiness of wires and cords, a wireless TENS unit lets you wear the device either on-the-go or even at home without having to worry about the extra bulk of wires. Simply place the unit on the body part you want treated and continue about your day. Perfect for continuing your treatments while at work.
Combination TENS Unit
The combination TENS unit gives you both TENS and EMS pain treatments, stimulating both the nerves and muscles for dual relief to maximize pain relief.
TENS Unit Pads
You can get extra electrode pads as an accessory to your unit. When you need new pads, you can have them already handy by keeping replacement pads on hand. Each pad is backed with a thick gel that won't irritate your skin.
TENS Unit Accessories
There are many accessories available to help make using your TENS unit more convenient and comfortable. Batteries, AC adapter, skin pre-spray that preps the skin before adhering the electrodes, carrying case, and extra electrode pads are all accessories you can have on hand and ready. You will find a wide variety of TENS Unit accessories available at CSA Medical Supply.
CAN YOU BILL MY INSURANCE?
No, unfortunately we no longer bill insurance's upon your behalf for your TENS Unit, and TENS supplies. If you would like to have your insurance cover the purchase of your TENS unit please call your insurance provider directly. Many insurance companies have certain restrictions regarding TENS Units, so you may want to check with your insurance company to find out you exact insurance plan and coverage.
WILL I BE CHARGED SALES TAX?
IS SHIPPING FREE?
Yes. We offer free standard ground shipping for TENS Units and supplies.