MediHoney Paste is designed to be applied to a wound. This dressing comes in a tube just like the Medihoney Gel. The difference is that the Paste is composed of 100% Leptospermum Honey, with no natural gelling agents and is therefore thinner (more runny) in consistency. MediHoney paste is indicated for superficial to full thickness wounds and burns that are light to moderately draining.
Medihoney Hydrocolloid Paste is very thin making it ideal for hard to dress wounds such as tunneled or undermined wounds. It works well on full-thickness wounds, light to moderately draining burns, as well as diabetic, pressure, and venous ulcers up to Stage IV too. After applying the paste, you will need a secondary dressing such as this Mepilex border dressing to help protect from infection.
Medihoney wound paste is purified to be used in the treatment of wounds without risk of infection.
- Diabetic foot ulcers, leg ulcers (venous stasis ulcers, arterial ulcers and leg ulcers of mixed etiology)
- Pressure ulcers/sores (partial and full thickness),
- 1st and 2nd degree partial thickness burns
- Donor sites and traumatic and surgical wounds.
- MEDIHONEY Paste Dressing with Active Leptospermum Honey
- 1.5 fl. oz. / 44 mL
- MEDIHONEY® is a medical-grade honey derived from the pollen and nectar of the Leptospermum species of plant in New Zealand and Australia. It is unique among all type of honey in that it maintains its effectiveness even in the presence of wound fluid.
- Can be used for wound bed preparation and through all phases of wound healing.
- Demonstrated efficacy from onset of a wound through to closure.
- Cleanses and debrides due to its high osmolarity.
- Helps to lower the wound pH, for an optimal wound healing environment.
- Indications: for use in hard-to-dress areas including tunneled or undermined wounds, or into sinus tracts.
- Single use only
- Not Made With Natural Rubber Latex.
How To Apply MediHoney Paste