Bledsoe's ProGait ST Boot provides economical support and protection; moldable aluminum side struts can accommodate larger size calf muscles.
The Bledsoe ProGait ST Boot is a low-cost, lightweight walker designed for short term use. It provides quality immobilization to enhance mobility due to sprains, strains, and some types of fractures. The product comes both a standard tall model (pictured), as well as, a mid-calf length which is approximately 3-4 inches shorter than the tall length model. The Bledsoe Progait boot can also be ordered as a fixed walker without an adjustable hinge(pictured above) or with an EZ set hinge that allows the user to adjust the range of motion at the ankle joint from 20 degrees of dorsi-flexion to 40 degrees plantar flexion (foot pointing down direction) in 10 degree increments.
Bledsoe ProGait ST Boot Features:
- Lightweight, strong, low profile design.
- Aluminum boot shell and upright system that unlike plastic boots, can be reformed to fit virtually any leg or ankle shape.
- Ultra-breathable foam wrap for maximum comfort.
- Unique rocker design allows patients to closely simulate a near normal gait without abnormal loads on any joints.
- Available in five universal sizes and two heights (standard or mid-calf). The standard height is taller & goes up to just below the knee. See sizing chart tab.
|Boot||Hinge type||Length of brace||Ankle/Heel pad||Air Ankle/Heel pad|
|ST||Fixed, EX-Set||Tall/ Mid-calf||no||no|
Recommended Manufacturer HCPC: L4360
The Bledsoe ProGait ST/ST2 boots are indicated for metatarsal, forefoot, and calcaneous fractures, forefoot sprains, and grades 1, 2, & 3 distal fractures of the tibia and fibula that are reduced/stable or that have some bridging callous.
This device is contraindicated for unstable fractures or for fractures of the proximal tibia or fibula. The Bledsoe EZ-Set Hinge used on any Bledsoe Walking Boot is contra-indicated for unstable fractures or for fractures of the proximal tibia or fibula and is also contraindicated for use during weight bearing in a plantar flexed position for Achilles tendon injuries or repairs (see Achilles Tendon Boot). When fixed or locked in any degree of plantar flexion, all Bledsoe hinged boots should be used non-weight bearing only.